Monday, July 2, 2012

"Think Rich, Pinoy" by Larry Gamboa : a Perfect Guide to Real Estate Investing in Foreclosed Properties

Foreclosed properties doesn't ring a bell to me. I'm just not interested about it. I remember my father talking about it and I sometimes asked questions but it didn't really sink in.

But one time, a co-worker was telling something about a foreclosed property that they bought with her cousins at a bargain. The price was really low that it caught my attention. Then something hit me. A light bulb flashed in my mind and I suddenly realized what I heard about foreclosed properties.

It's my long time dream to have my own house. But with the current selling prices of real estate properties today, I know I can't afford it. Along the way, I just set aside that dream and tried to work on the areas where I could save and earn passive income.

Since that time when my co-worker told about them buying a foreclosed property at a bargain, I became excited and can't stop thinking about the possibilities of me owning my own house at a lower price. Added to that, I even have the possibility of me creating cash flow from foreclosed properties. I was really excited!

But since I wasn't interested before about foreclosed properties and real estate investing, my knowledge is limited. I have to search the internet for information. I also remembered the books that I bought many months ago that were just stacked in my cabinet. The books were just as new and neatly wrapped as when I bought it. These books were "Think Rich, Pinoy" by Larry Gamboa and " Think Rich Quick" by Trace Trajano and Larry Gamboa. I just ignored them before but now I just can't put the book down. I wanted to finish the book as much as I can.

Sometimes, I paused from reading the book and began imagining myself doing transactions, my properties and me becoming financially free. I was really excited! I love Math and Engineering Economy when I was in college so doing the simple math doesn't scare me.

I finished reading the book "Think Rich, Pinoy" by Larry Gamboa. It's so exciting to know about Return of Investment (ROI), the limited cash you have to invest as a down payment but you can get it back as soon as you get buyers / tenants, and the monthly cash flow that you can generate by investing in foreclosed properties.

I was excited but at the same time, I'm also scared of this new venture. I have to learn a lot of things especially the legal documents involved in order to avoid any conflicts in the future and to secure my investments.

I pondered about what I learned from the book. I realized that I need the following :

1. A mentor since I am an amateur in real estate investing
2. Legal adviser to help me with the legal documents involved
3. A contractor with integrity to handle the renovations needed
4. Perhaps a business partner to help me shoulder the down payments
5. A marketing consultant / adviser to help me sell the property I bought


The "Think Rich, Pinoy" book is one that is a must read for people like me who want to venture into real estate investing in foreclosed properties in the Philippines. The book is a perfect guide for newbies. 


For real estate investing in foreclosed properties in the United States, you can read and learn from the book "Think Rich Quick" by Larry Gamboa and Trace Trajano.


You can now buy your favorite Think Rich, Pinoy! book series in ebook format!






Grow Rich, Pinoy! 


Think Rich, Quick! 

Happy investing!...^_^

2 comments:

renabelle said...

dear sir
I want to be an agent of remax realty.i dont know how. can you be of help?.thanks and more power

Unknown said...

It boils down into three revenue sources aquisition, management and disposition ...aka buy and hold, buy to rent buy fix and sell...etc